SHINNING A LIGHT ON COUNTERFEIT PROTECTION
Counterfeit and altered banknotes are a currency collector's dread. The response of modern printers to this peril is the increasing use of security printing techniques to prevent tampering or counterfeiting and safeguard the legitimate production of currency by incorporating details into banknotes that are not easily replicated by counterfeiters.
Continue reading below
SAFE Philalux 3 Ultraviolet Lamp (110V) w/Pengteng Converter
The universal detection lamp to examine stamps, coins, currency, documents, minerals, artwork, forgeries, repairs, etc. This is a complete longwave, shortwave, and magnification desktop unit in a sturdy black 2-part housing.
- 5-3/8" x 2-5/8" aspherical lens with 3X magnification and a 7/8" diameter aspherical lens with 12X magnification. Distortion free.
- 7 Watt ultraviolet longwave tube (365nm) to identify fluorescent paper (tagging) on stamps of USA, Canada, China, France, Germany, Mexico, etc. as well as inks, forgeries, repairs, etc. Check for authenticity of coins, banknotes, certificates, minerals, artwork, etc.
- 2 Watt shortwave tube (266nm) with filter for checking phosphor and overall tagging on stamps of USA, Canada, Israel, Great Britain, etc. Also for difficult tagged stamps, like block and overall tagging on US stamps or phosphor bands of Great Britain.
- 4 Watt white fluorescent tube to examine paper varieties, colors, watermarks, etc. The size of the lighted area is 5" x 3".
- Electronic magnet to check magnetic area of currency.
Includes a reverse voltage converter to convert for use in U.S. 210 volt electric grid..
Size of Philalux lamp: 7-1/4" x 5-1/4" x 5"